The techniques covered in this article do not represent an all methods of treatment of cleft lip nasal deformity.
Because Surgeons will have their techniques to the best result.
Firstly, Cleft lip nasal deformity is the most common congenital nasal deformation.
And unilateral cleft lip nasal deformity is more common than bilateral cleft lip nasal deformity.
1) Circumstantial factor affects
(Prohibited medicine, hyperingestion of vitamins, drinking, smoking, virus infection etc. during pregnant)
2) Genetic factor
Feature of Cleft lip nasal deformity
Septum deviated toward cleft side and lying outside of maxillary crest
3. Surgical methods of cleft lip nasal deformity treatment
1) Nostril rotated via columellar and alar-based flap.
2) Rectangular flap for columellar lengthening
3) Ferris-Smith procedure.
4) Repair of total columellar loss;
5) full-thickness skin graft is furied beneath upper lip skin
6) and later rotated into place.
7) V-Y advancement for columellar lengthening.
Cleft lip nasal deformity treatment by Dr. Jung Dong-Hak.