You will wonder what is “Contracted nose”.
The shape of contracted nose is a turned-up and twisted. And it commonly cause by silicone and Gore-Tex implant. Those implant can cause infection, capsular contraction and necrosis. Also multiple surgeries is one of the reason can cause nasal contraction.
Then, You will also wonder what is “surgery methods of contracted nose treatment”.
Firstly, implant should be removed. And make nose longer to be normal and beautiful shape using patient’s own cartilages. Therefore, rib cartilage is one of the best material for contracted nose treatment.
Rib cartilage is not only patient’s own cartilage but also it has enough cartilages to use for nasal bridge and tip.
The below photos is a case of contracted nose treatment is by Dr. Jin Hong Ryul.
Patient had a Gore-Tex rhinoplasty with previous surgery.
Gore-tex is a common material for nasal augmentation.
But common complication of gore-tex implant is capsular contracture.
1) Gore-tex has removed.
2) Increase the length of nasal bridge to normal.
3) The nasal tip has to be supported and enhanced with own cartilage.
Thank you for reading this article.
If you need online consultation with Dr. Jin Hong Ryul, you can contact by our Email.
1) Full name.
2) Desired surgery (first nose surgery or revision nose surgery)
3) Previous rhinoplasties (if any, when, where, material, and methods etc)
4) Your expectation
5) Photos (frontal / 45 degree to the left / left side to the right / right side / below / upper)